eprime capabilities

Merry Ha thha4757 at uni.sydney.edu.au
Thu Dec 9 11:32:13 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm a speech pathology honours student from the University of Sydney working
on my project at the moment using e-prime for the first time.  My honours
project will be used for children with Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS).

We will be presenting novel word stimuli on the screen visually and
auditorily, and then have the child to imitate the computer, or read off the
screen. Children with CAS tend to say words with equal stress, and the aim
of the experiment was to have the computer judge and provide feedback
whether they correctly used weak-strong (WS) or strong-weak (SW) stress
(this could be calculated using a pairwise variability index (PVI) - a
positive PVI would indicate SW, and a negative PVI would indicate
weak-strong stress). Do you know if this programming is possible for
e-prime?

Merry