Response triggers with accurate timing

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Dec 14 20:51:05 UTC 2010

Then something else is going on.  As explained in Chapter 3 of the
User's Guide that came with E-Prime, EP will fail to log data
whenever your program reaches the end of the Procedure before it gets
a response, and in some specific situations a PreRelease will
exacerbate that.  (If you look at the generated code you will see why
-- EP puts the requested c.SetAttrib commands and a c.Log just before
the End Sub of a Procedure, so once your program runs past that it is
too late.)  But the code under discussion specifically holds up the
code until it gets a response, so, PreRelease notwithstanding, there
is no way that it could fail to log the response unless you are doing
something wacky with your attribute logging.

As also suggested in that example you could set Duration to 0, but
you say you have also tried that and it does not work.  All I can
tell you is that the posted code has worked flawlessly for us,
exactly as used & described in that thread.  So at this point you
need to submit a request to PST Web Support at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp and have them
help you sort it out (and then please post back here with their response).

BTW, I trust that the line

writeport, &H37, 0

in your post is a typo, because if that really is in your code then
you would likely get no 0 signal at all out to your device, because
the proper line would be

writeport, &H378, 0