scoring a nonresponse as a correct answer

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Feb 23 22:50:49 UTC 2010

Jim,

>FYI, I set the response duration as 1150ms (100ms prior to the
>presentation of the subsequent stimulus) and nonresponses are still
>being incorrectly scored as ACC=0. ???

You need to stop working on the actual experiment program.  Before
you do anything else, make a simple demo program with a List and a
Procedure with one TextDisplay, have it take some input and leave
Correct empty, then run it and see that you get .ACC = 1 for
nonresponses.  If you cannot get that to work then nothing else
matters.  Once you do get that to work you can extend it along the
lines of your experiment until you figure out what is going on.

As a general strategy, I find it more productive to start from
success than from failure -- easier to start with a simple and easily
understood working model and find what breaks it than to start from a
complex broken model and find what fixes it.