data logging through script

Travis Nichols, Villanova University ttnicky at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 20:24:05 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm not very good with script, so pardon the question, but...

I am programming an experiment that displays 3 pictures simultaneously
on a screen (using the Slide object). One picture, top and center of
display, is the exemplar picture, and then two pictures, bottom-left
and -right are approximates. The user is asked which bottom picture
most closely matches the top picture. There are 6 trials like this,
and the stimuli are controlled through nested lists ("top", "left",
"right"). Naturally, the "correct" answer varies from the bottom left
choice and the bottom right choice. Within the nested lists I have an
attribute "ID" that identifies the correct choice (all "top", or
exemplar pictures, are given an ID value = 1, and then the bottom-left
and -right choices are given ID = 1 if correct, and = 2 if incorrect).
The user pushes the left mouse button to select the left picture and
the right mouse button to select the right picture. I have a series of
simple If And If statements to assess accuracy (e.g., If Slide1.RESP =
"1" And If Left.GetAttrib ("ID") = "1" Then ... correct).

My problem is this: How do I log a correct/incorrect choice (the
"Then" part of my above script)? In the past I've only done data
logging where I was able to build the correct answer into my lists,
but I don't see how to do that in this case. Instead, it seems I need
the script to write the accuracy into the logs somehow, and I'm not
sure how to do that.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Travis