Unable to communicate w/ thread that fills sound buffer contents?

Adam Osth adamosth at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 20:56:43 UTC 2010

Hello there,

I just got a unique error while doing an E-Prime experiment that has never
come up before. I've run this experiment over 100 times now, but this just
came up recently and I have no idea what it is. I couldn't even find it in
the error appendix.

This error message was transcribed by one of the research assistants who's
unfamiliar with the program, so it may not have been completely accurate,
but here it is:

Error #999
Unable to communicate w/ thread that fills the sound buffer contents

Does anybody know what this is or how to overcome it? I can't tell if this
is an issue that requires a bigger sound buffer or not.

This occurs during a distractor task where subjects hear beats played during
slides that are used to produce a rhythm, and the subject has to tap out
that rhythm.

Adam