576 images in one slide

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Fri Jan 15 17:16:19 UTC 2010

Tobias,

>576 times inserting sub-objects is indeed too tedious, especially as
>copy-paste doesn't work in e-prime for filename or positionin the
>object settings.
>
>If I change the code, I can only do that for the e-run script file,
>right? If I do change something here I won't see that anywhere in a
>visual form like in the main program of e-prime, if I'm not wrong.
>This might make it hard to check if it is running as I want.

No, no, no.  Sorry if that was not clear.  Look at the generated
script just to figure out how things get done.  Then go back to
E-Studio and do your editing & exploration in inline script there.  I
would make one simple demo program to generate working code that I
can examine, and then a separate demo program where I make my changes
(and mistakes!).

That said, here is another hint.  You have not said whether you are
stuck with EP1 or EP2.  But if you have access to good old EP1, it is
much, much easier to explore script in E-Run there.  As you
recognize, what you change in E-Run will not propogate back to
E-Studio, but in this case you just use E-Run edits to explore &
learn, then apply (possibly by copy & paste) what you learn with
E-Run back to inline script in E-Studio.

Hope that makes things clearer.