beginners questions

Michiel Spape Michiel.Spape at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jan 18 17:26:17 UTC 2010

Hi,

A: Perhaps - I don't know, I've never seen a Hebrew keyboard - because you require multiple keypresses in order to obtain a single character? Have a look under the Duration/Input tab of your textdisplay or whatnot, go for Advanced, change MaxCount and take not of each point you find confusion. Then go through the Help files and seek clarification. Regarding UNICODE and such, I'm sure Rinus, from this list, could help you, as he's very experienced with non-Latin languages (met Uw welnemen, Rinus!).

B: If you also really want strings (rather than one keypress) to work in E-Prime, check the Echo display under the same Advanced button. However, one wonders what you're using E-Prime for... if it'd be questionnaires and such, I'd say go for an entirely different programme (unless you're like me and find it cool to do things the difficult way?). If not, are you really interested in sub-millisecond accurate recordings of every reaction-time of every key-press? If not, I'd suggest read once again through David's comments regarding InputBoxes and such.

Cheers,

Mich

Michiel Spapé

Research Fellow