alternate outcomes from a response

liwenna liwenna at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 10:50:27 UTC 2010

Hey neuropsych,

What is the 'something different' that you want to happen? Is it
another text or another display altogether?

I suggest that you ditch the feedbackscreen and build your own
'feedbackscreen'  on a normal slide.

Then you do need inlines, but these really aren't scary, so don't
worry.

An inline could contain a series of lines that reads the response and
then manipulates some variable or another that determines the content
of the next screen.

If responsslide.resp = "1" = then do this and this
If responselide.resp = "2"  then do this and this
If responslide.resp = "3"  then do this and this.

The word responseslide should be replaced by the name of your
responseslide, 1 2 and 3 should be replaced by the actual response
(i.e: if your subject answer trought the buttons z am and space it
could be set to "z", "m" and "{SPACE}").
You would also need to replace the 'do this and this' but the code
that comes there is totally dependent on your needs.

So... tell us a litle bit more about the thing that you want to
happen.

Best,

liw