how to make the program choose a particular image depending on the previously shown image

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Fri Jun 4 19:31:28 UTC 2010

Judit,

Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
takes any and all questions at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp , and they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours (although latest
reports indicate more like 10 days) -- this is pretty much their
substitute for proper documentation, so make full use of it.  3) If
you do get an answer from PST Web Support, please extend the courtesy
of posting their reply back here for the sake of others.

That said, here is my take...

If I understood your task better and thought a little harder then I
might come up with a code-free approach, perhaps with judicious use
of nested lists.  But let's stick with the code for now.

Suppose you the List attrribute "TestFile" holds the name of your
test image file, and you use an attribute reference like [ProbeFile]
in the stimlus object for your probe.  Then you might use code like

If Mid$( c.GetAttrib("TestFile"), 1, 1) = "1" Then
     c.SetAttrib "ImageFile", "redblob.bmp"
Else
     c.SetAttrib "ImageFile", "blueblob.bmp"
End

This just sketches the basic idea, you can refine it and fill in the
details from there.