Minimising E-Prime and running two E-Prime experiments

Hannah Witherstone h.witherstone at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 6 20:22:13 UTC 2010

Hi all

I have several long e-prime experiments that I am running with 5-year-
olds.  There are 40 trials in each experiment.  I have written-in a
text object between each trial which requires a mouse-click to move on
to the next - this acts a pause or wait function.  However, sometimes
I wish to do something completely different after, say, 20 trials to
give my kids a little break.  This 'something' different can be
another e-prime task or another task that is also on my laptop.

My question is whether I can leave the experiment running on the text
pause object and do another, shorter e-prime task or something else on
the laptop all together and then resume the original experiment?

I know I can exit out of e-prime using "ctrl, alt, shift' but this
crashes the experiment and I cannot pick up where I left off.

If anyone could help that would be great!

Thanks,

Hannah Witherstone