adding and subtracting

Matt Paffel mpaffel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 18:48:46 UTC 2010

Hello,

Quick question for anyone; I’m looking to perform some basic
arithmetic operations within a lottery experiment. There are four
values in the lottery 10, 8, 5, and 3 and each value currently
contains 10 trials which range from .10, .20, … to 1.00. On each
trial, the value will be either increased or decreased dependent upon
which trial is currently operating, e.g. .10 will increase or decrease
the value of 10. Thus, after decreasing the value five times, the new
value would be 9.50. Is there a way to accomplish this without the use
of an inline and if not, can anyone direct me to some script that adds
or subtracts?