Looming pictures

Craig cmarker1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 17:05:24 UTC 2010

Hello,
 I am trying to program a task in which there are looming pictures
that change depending on the person's response with the joystick.  I
am currently trying to program an experiment in which pictures are
presented on the screen, and participants are required to push or pull
a joystick and squeeze the trigger based on the color of the
background (e.g., a blue background means push the joystick away).
When the joystick is pushed, the image size needs to gradually
decrease (to strengthen the feeling that the picture is pushed
away). When the joystick is pulled, the image size should increase.

I am using E-prime version 2.0. Professional.  I found a similar
question on the list, but I didn't see an answer.

I was wondering whether:
1) anyone has programmed a looming task where pictures get bigger or
smaller (I think I need to use the Object Slide, but I am not so sure
how to do it)
and
2) whether anyone has programmed a task where pressing a joystick in a
particular direction and squeezing the trigger causes a picture to
change (i.e.,  how can I collect joystick-movement-data and how I can
subsequently use this information to present the next picture.).
  Thanks so much in advance.
 Craig