display slide image from an array

Michiel Spape Michiel.Spape at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Mar 1 12:58:12 UTC 2010

Hi,
Your code is full of errors, it seems! I bet you anything this code didn't work before, actually...

" if slide1.cresp = "m"                          'when correct response
is on the right
imageright = card(x)
c.setattrib "imageR", imageright"
end if"

1. I assume your slide1 has imagedisplay with filename [imageR], yes? What happens with incorrect responses
2. Why is there a quotation mark after imageright?
3. Why do you refer to .cresp? Could be you mean this, but I often get students who get confused between the difference between .resp, .cresp and allowable...

Anyway, Make a blank image, (with MSPAINT!), save it as blank.bmp, then do:

if slide1.cresp = "m"       'if cresp is m
	c.setattrib "imageR", card(random(1,52)) 'no need for imageright
else
	c.SetAttrib "imageR", "blank.bmp"
end if"

Always specify an image, even if it is blank - that way, you can ensure the timing is the same :) Also, be prepared for the inevitable unexpected response (i.e. use else and such).
Cheers,
Mich

Michiel Spapé
Research Fellow