Display text (or anything) in front of a video

David Vinson d.vinson at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Mar 9 10:53:23 UTC 2010

Mary,

The answer by David McFarlane is right* - video stimuli are always
displayed in front of anything else while running.
It seems possible to overlay something else over a video on a Slide or
Feedback object, then move the video to the back.  But when the stimuli
are displayed the video always plays in front.

I suspect you've discovered the warning message to this effect when
trying to send a movie to the back on a slide object: "SlideMovie
components selected were sent to back to permit for easier Slide
component editing, but at runtime Movie components are always presented
on top of all SlideText and SlideImage objects".

One solution could be to edit the video files themselves - this seems
like a possibility if the alteration is simple (like a fixation cross at
a fixed location in all your video files).

*except concerning David's disclaimer mentioning the target response
times for E-Prime support requests placed online. Based on a handful of
online support requests by me and other colleagues in the past month or
two, the current queue for first response is about 5 working days.

-david

--
David Vinson, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Researcher