Randomize Conditions in a "mere exposure effect /Perceptual fluency" Experiment

pan_work at yahoo.Fr pan_work at yahoo.Fr
Fri Mar 19 00:32:32 UTC 2010

Hello dear members,

Thanks for this group, here I have find a lot of stuff and want to
thanks also Michiel Spape for his very nice PDF on Eprime...

I finally write this message because I give up... it's nearly 01:00
and now I'm looking for help because I feel blind...

I'm putting together an experiment about "mere exposure paradigm"/
Zajonc stuff... In a first part, I just want to expose 8 stimuli with
4 different exposure frequency (1/3/6/9)...  I want to randomize both
the order of presentation and the different exposure frequency...

It's a intrasubject experiment and the most important is to random the
assignment of stimuli to exposure frequency conditions.    I'm trying
to do this through nested lists, and have successfully randomized the
order of stimuli, but am stumped on how to randomize stimuli to the
different frequency exposure.  It seems like it shouldn't be that
hard, and maybe I'm just being dense, but I can't figure it out.
Anyone have any ideas?

I try something with the nested list but can't figure how I can do to
random the frequency.

In the second part, I would like to expose each 8 stimuli one by one
to measure the attitude toward it so I need to know for each subject
wich stimuli have been randomized on frequency.