Voice and mouse response

gilis giladsabo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 14:07:23 UTC 2010

Hi all,

In my experiment I record voice RTs-it's a simple flanker task.
However, as I'm working also with children and as sometimes the SRB
may miss the voice response I also want to add key press to the very
same slide. Meaning that it goes like that: slide one-stimulus
+flankers : subject have to sound his/her answer and simultaneously
press the right click of the mouse. Only then the next step in the
trial will run. Slide two (step two in the trial)-the expreminter
press 1 or 2 (1 is correct answer)   and had the exprimenter press 2
(incorrect answer) he/she had then to indicate the what was
participant response.

so, over all I have here 2 slides-one is the experiment and it must be
able to collect both SRB and mouse RTs. The other must be able to
collect two responses:one mark the answer of participant and the
other, in a case of wrong answer, indicate what was the answer.

I tried to solve it with an askbox that get string only in a case of
accuracy=0. It work well but it interrupt with the experimental design
itself.

So my question is how can I collect both RTs from the SRB and the
mouse in the same slide object. And how can I collect then after, in
the experimenter slide (the experimenter is present in the room all
along the experiment, sitting near the participant and controling the
keyboard) to insert the participant response when he/she wrong without
using askbox?

If you can answer me in detail or to refer me to previous post which
do this in this group I will be grateful once again.

Regards
Gilis