Count Trials

liwenna liwenna at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 10:53:18 UTC 2010

Hey Sandra,

The doubling thing of the script you posted confuses me a bit...

Am I correct to think that there are two inlines both containing an
almost identical script in your experiment? One attached to a
blockprocedure and another one to a trialprocedure?? Then that where
it goes wrong... Imagine that the blockprocedure runs once.... it
first encounters the list and runs it: 14 x a trialprocedure and on
each trialprocedure it also encounters the other inline with this
script and for a correct response it adds 1 to trialcount... Now after
the 14 levels of the list have run... it continues the blockprocedure
and encounters the inline that tells it to add 1 to trialcount if
stimpress.acc =1.. but this correct response was already added by the
other copy of the script on the trialproc.... and thus: trialcount = 8
is reached after 7 correct.

I think you should simply get rid of the script on the blockproc and
keep the one on the trialproc as you need the inline to be run once
every trial. I am not too sure why you have a blockproc but couldn't
you get rid of it altogether? Of course, I don't have the complete
information but if you use the blockproc only to initiate the
triallist an x number of times (and not to differentiate between
different triallists for instance) than it would be more elegant to
tell the 14 level triallist to run an x number of cycles: one cycle is
one 'run' of each level and once all 14 levels have been run it starts
again with running all levels once for the next cycle. Your script
will then only need expllist.terminate, if you decide to keep the
blockproc, I think that just terminating the blocklist (instead of one
script for terminating blocklist and another for terminating the
triallist) will suffice for your needs.

=> consider removing your blockproc
=> definitely remove one version of the script.

Best,

liwenna

'This inline organises that the practicetrials are ended when the
subject
'answered 6 or more consecutive trials correct and has practiced at
least 10 trials.
'If after 10 trials the number of consecutive correctly answered
trials is less than
'6 it will continue the practicetrials until the 6-consecutive-correct
criterium is met.

		if practicetrial.acc = 1 then practicecounter = practicecounter + 1

		if practicetrial.acc = 0 then practicecounter = 0

		c.setattrib "practicecorrectcount", practicecounter

		if c.getattrib ("practicelist.sample") > 9 and practicecounter  > 5
then practicelist.terminate

if practicetrial.acc = 1 then goto skiplabel