logging onset of TMS pulse?

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Wed May 5 14:33:11 UTC 2010

Hannes,

Once again, I advise that you take this up directly with PST Web
Support, even if only to get a second opinion -- let them do their job.

Also, look at the .OffsetSignalData, .OffsetSignalEnabled, and
.OffsetSignalPort properties of various stimuls objects in the online
E-Basic Help.  I have never used these myself, so I cannot provide any
further help there.

As to setting the timing of inline code, inline code starts running as
soon as the previous object ends.  If you want inline code to start at a
specific time, just add a loop to provide a delay.  E.g., if you want
inline code to proceed no sooner than 100 ms after the offset time of
object StimText, then do something like

Dim  codeStartTime as Long
codeStartTime = StimText.OffsetTime + 100
Do Until (Clock.Read >= codeStartTime)
Loop
' inline code continues here...

As to delays in displaying visual stimuli, as explained in detail in
Chapter 3 of the User's Guide that came with E-Prime, some delay is
inevitable simply due to the nature of the display technology.  Please

Finally, when you do get this worked out please report back here, as I
would like to know better how some of this works myself.