Read out certain levels only

Vera vera.donk at googlemail.com
Thu May 6 09:17:11 UTC 2010

Dear forum members,

I already got some very useful help here and as I am now running into
a new problem with E-Prime, I will see if you can help me out (again).
I did all my homework: yes I looked at the reference guide, getting
started guide, all other documents concerning E-Prime, yes I combed
through this forum, yes I combed through the PST-forum. :-)

So here's the problem:

I created a list of conditions (and all that has been working fine
until now) and as we are moving on to another experimental setup, it
is now very important that half of the conditions appear on one type
of stimulus and the other half of conditions appear on another type of
stimulus.

To be more clear:

On Trigger1 I want only a certain type of the 18 conditions I have to
be executed.
On Trigger2 I want the other 18 conditions (another type) to be
executed.

I know I could be able to do this over nested lists (probably), but it
would take a lot of time too, as then "big surgery" has to be done on
my program. ;-)

So I figured that there should be some way to add a few lines of code,
which tell E-Prime that it should only use a certain level in a
certain condition.

I wrote:
If (NewTriggerValue > 0) AND (NewTriggerValue < 7) Then
	c.getAttrib("TriggerPos") = 1
ElseIf NewTriggerValue = 0 Then
	c.getAttrib("TriggerPos") = 0
End If

TriggerPos = the type of trigger (1 or 0) which I added as an
attribute in my designlist.
When I try to execute, Eprime tells me "Can't Assign to Constant"

Ok. But what do I need to add then in order to make it work? Basically
I want Eprime in certain conditions only to use the levels that have
"1" in the attribute "TriggerPos".

I know that I am not very far from a solution. Any help would be very
much appreciated. :-)

Vera