Complex (for me) randomization

ccbaye cblaison at gmail.com
Wed May 19 16:22:13 UTC 2010

Ok David, thank you for the time you took for me. I think I will use a
fixed random order for the problem. This order will be same across
experimental conditions, so it will not have a large influence I
guess.

> Ok..I finally managed to have the prog selecting one face and holding
> it for the rest of the block trials. yeepee.

>You did not say how you did this, that would help us.

You are right, so...for beginners who get the same problem. I simply
present the face picture with an imagedisplay object at the
Blockprocess level, with a "0" in duration (position centered). Then I
put my Triallist on its right, on the blockprocess line. From there I
start a new Trialprocess, and put the second picture (bottom position)
with Background set to "transparency". As the second picture is
smaller than the face picture, they fit both nicely simultaneously on
the screen. Now as I go through the block trials, only the second
picture changes, not the face picture. When the block is over, a new
face is selected, and the trials with the second pictures go on again,
and so on for the other blocks.

I really thank you for your advice David.

Cheers,
Christophe.