Help! A noun-pair lookup task.

Sandra Wang wangshusandra at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 16:48:03 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am going to start with an experiment with a noun-pair lookup task
and I am wondering if anyone could help with the programming. I am
such a beginner in E-prime.

Here is that task: 9 pairs of words are presented at the top of the
screen and a prime pair is presented in the middle of the screen.
Participants need to decide whether the prime pair matches any of the
9 pairs in the top. Also, the 9 pairs changes from trial to trial for
40 trials. Feedback on RT and accuracy will be provided after every 10
trials.

I am not sure how to present the 9 pairs and make them change from
trial to trial. Also, I am not sure how to make E-Prime recognize a
correct response ( I know how to do it with one word presented at a
time but ...).

Please help! Thanks very much!

Sandra