Wisconsin card sorting test

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Apr 14 20:09:36 UTC 2011

I have gotten several direct messages about this project, so perhaps
I should post a public update.  First, thank you to everyone who has
expressed an interest in this.  Sadly, by the time I got the help
that I requested and found the needed materials, my window of
opportunity passed and I had to move on to other matters while
leaving this project undone.  I hope to return to it at a later time,
but I cannot say when that would be.

Aside from taking time out to write the code (greatly simplified
since the current canonical version uses a fixed card sequence,
unlike the original research versions), one particular roadblock I
face would be making the stimulus materials.  Several folks have
kindly found and pointed out the WCST materials available through
http://pebl.sourceforge.net/battery.html ; I wish to make clear,
however, that those materials significantly depart from the standard
cards and are entirely unsuited to my project.  (I would call their
program "WCST-like", not a true WCST.  I aim for something higher in
my program.)

For those who want a fully automated WCST and can spend some money,
please note that you may purchase a commercial (and non-E-Prime)
version through Psychological Assessment Resources, Inc.
(http://www4.parinc.com/ ).

Once again, thanks to everyone for your interest, and I will keep
this thread updated whenever I should make progress.