Using EBasic

Lisa Levinson lml1934 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 19:11:54 UTC 2011

I am trying to replicate an event-related potential experiment that
investigated the development of the magnocellular and parvocellular
visual pathways. I am not looking to further study the development of
these pathways, rather their correlation with other behavioral
measures. The stims were originally programmed using the Presentation
software language. I have attempted to create modified versions of the
stims using Quark and Final Cut. I have generated the graphics and
imported them into E-Studio but the major issue I am having concerns
the parvocellular stim. If I can't control for luminance then I will
potentially be eliciting a response from the magnocellular pathway as
well.

Using EBasic I was wondering if it would be possible to create
"objects" such as a blue and green high frequency grating in which the
colors are isoluminant with the background and low spacial frequency
grayscale grating with a low luminance contrast. I have limited
programming experience but can work with others who know Visual Basic
for Applications. I am concerned though the psychophysical nature of
these stims will not work with EPrime.

Would greatly appreciate some input.