string input with spaces

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Apr 14 21:01:20 UTC 2011

Matt,

Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
takes any and all questions at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp , and they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours -- this is pretty
much their substitute for proper documentation, so make full use of
it.  3) If you do get an answer from PST Web Support, please extend
the courtesy of posting their reply back here for the sake of others.

That said, here is my take...

In your .edat files, take a look at your .RESP value strings, and
compare those to the strings in your Correct attribute.  Does the
subject's RESP have a "{SPACE}" wherever they entered a space
character?  Then your Correct attribute has to do the same.  Please
see the "{key} nomenclature" topic in the online E-Basic
Help.  Alternatively, you could add inline code to replace the {key}
nomenclature with proper text, as in the example provided by PST's
own Matt Lenhart at
http://www.pstnet.com/forum/Topic2194-5-1.aspx  (must register &
login to download).