jump or if then?

jotapan jotapan at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 20 00:33:55 UTC 2011

Hi to all,
I have what I believe o be a simple task to program, but I just not
being able to do it since I'm a beginner in e-prime.

I have two tasks:
1) task 1: responses A and B
2) and task 2: responses 1, 2, and 3

I want task 2 to be presented to the participant only if he responds A
in task 1; if he responds B he should just gets the next trial of task
1.
I tried looking into the "jump" of the stimulus property, but from
what I understood it works independently of what response is given to
that stimulus.
Another idea I had was just to create a script with an if then rule,
which I don't know how to do :( the idea would be something like (with
proper coding)

If response to task 1 = A,
then task B,
else Task A
end if

Any help would be very appreciated! thanks
Jotapan