audio feedback for mouse click

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 09:30:00 UTC 2011

Hi Becky,

If the mouse responses are collected by the slide objects, this might
be a non-trivial task to do with a single piece of script. The most
straigtforward construction would be something like this:

if Len(Slide1.RESP)>0
  Set SoundOut1SoundBuffer = SoundOut1.Buffers(1)
  SoundOut1.Run
end

But if you do it like this, you will have to create a new inline
script for each unique Slide because the Slide-variable will be
different each time. Even if the audio clip ittself doesn't change.

As a workaround you could place the SoundOut object immediately after
the slides and collect the response with the SoundOut object itself.
The slide should not collect the responses in this case and have a
duration of zero. This would only be acceptable if RT's are not
critical and all response windows have the same duration. (Sidenote:
RT's on touch screens are not very accurate anyway.) Also, if there
are several 'clickable' slides on a single procedure, things become
more complicated if you wan't to log all responses. NB. Having lots of
copies of similar slides within the same experiment is (in most cases)
an indication of a less-optimal (already messy) script.

cheers
Paul