Reading images from a file.

David Vinson d.vinson at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Aug 17 17:12:35 UTC 2011

Hi issabern,

I think you need to clarify your question as there are a few different
ways it can be interpreted.

For example it's very straightforward to use e-prime to display an image
file (e.g. foo.bmp) using an ImageDisplay object as in the PictureRT
sample experiment.

It's also possible for E-prime to access an external text file
containing lists of image filenames, to load images in the same way as
above.

I suppose it is more problematic if you are trying to read images from
some kind of composite file that contains multiple images at once (ummm,
maybe a pdf, or powerpoint slide, or thumbnail file).  Anyway if you are
asking about a situation more complex than those I describe above, it
would be useful to clarify it a bit.

-dv