Making movie clips for E-Prime?

Dave nitz.david at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 23 15:50:02 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Everybody please realize that AVI is but a *container* format (see
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Container_format_%28digital%29).
The type of container alone tells you little as to how its *contents*
(video and audio data) are encoded (cf.
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Comparison_of_container_formats).
Bottom line: Just because it's called AVI doesn't mean it will work --
you still might have codec issues to deal with.

Just my $0.02,
-Dave