Randomize trials, but always keep the last one the same

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Wed Dec 7 15:11:31 UTC 2011

Just to elaborate a bit on what I mean by "depending on your
requirements":  Simply adding the fifth trial directly in the Procedure
after the 4-trial List means that, in the .edat file, the fifth trial
will be logged at a different level than the other four (Block vs.
Trial, etc.), unless you pull some other tricks (e.g., add a second List
to run only the fifth trial, or use inline code to do a
c.PushNewFram/c.PopFrame).  Using the nested List approach, data from
all five trials get logged at the same level.

IOW, both approaches have their advantages and disadvantages.

-- David McFarlane