Pulling from multiple nested lists at the same time and on the same text slide

Brieana brieana.viscomi at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 17:54:57 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have 5 procedures. In each procedure, there are 3 text slides each
with about 14 text boxes. The reason for so many text boxes is because
it was the only way I could figure out how to make a 'faux' table in e-
Prime without using any heavy coding. On these text slides, I have
some text boxes that are to pull values from one nested list and other
textboxes that are to pull values from a different nested list. More
specifically, I want each textbox to randomly present only one value
from the nested list without repeating any of the values that are
being presented in the other textboxes drawing from the same list.
After reading the Users Guide, I thought that colon syntax was the way
to go. I was able to get the textboxes that were to pull values from
one nested list to work so that only one value was presented in each
textbox, the order was random, and there weren't any repeats. However,
as soon as I added the other nested list to the procedure using the
colon syntax method, e-prime would stop running once it got to that
particular text slide and read that the last attribute referenced on
the slide did not exist (even though it was clearly listed and defined
on my list).

Would anyone happen to know of a way for half of the textboxes on a
slide to only draw one value from a nested list and the other half on
the same slide to only draw one value from a different nested list?

I found that I was able to have each group of textboxes draw from
their respective nested list if I defined each nested list on the same
master list and their attributes. However, I want these values to be
presented SIMULTANEOUSLY. Since each nested list was referenced in the
same master list, I could only get the values to show up on the slide
in a sequential manner. I need both sets of values presented together.

Any and all ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Brieana