Using mouse click to select one of several alternative responses

Richard Carvey supercarv at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 19 15:26:41 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to build an experiment in which nine items are displayed on
screen, and participants need to select one fo them using the mouse. I
have seen a couple of people mention issues with clicks anywhere on
screen being registered as responses, but I would like to make sure
that only clicks within the bounds of the nine items are accepted, and
that the specific item clicked is logged. Clicking any of the nine
items should advanc the program, no one answer is correct or
incorrect.

If anybody could offer me some advice on how to achieve this, it would
be greatly appreciated. Annoyingly, whoever installed E-Prime (1.2,
btw) on this computer saw fit not install the help functions correctly/
at all.

Thanks,

Richard