Using mouse click to select one of several alternative responses

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 22:44:32 UTC 2011

Hi Richard,

You might have a look at the VAS example script I posted a while ago
on http://pfcgroot.nl/e-prime/83-example-scripts/80-visual-analogue-scale-example-for-e-prime.html.
This example contains a bit more script then you need, but the
ACK_HandleResponse function (in the user script tab) demonstrates how
you can use boundaries of (text-)objects as hit area for mouse clicks.
The core of this piece of script uses the Mouse.GetCursorPos and
Object.HitTest functions to implement two user confirmation buttons.
It can be easily adapted for more buttons. Also, instead of using the
boundaries of a slide element (i.e. text or image), you can also make
your own hit-test function.

cheers,
Paul Groot