Not strictly E-Prime related - seeking wisdom on manipulating sound files

Hannah Witherstone h.witherstone at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 11 14:31:07 UTC 2011

Dear all

I know this isn't really E-Prime related but I'm hoping someone could
give me any advice.

I am playing sound files through E-Prime that are manipulated for
speed of presentation.  I have time-compressed my sound files in
audacity before running though E-Prime.  However, it has recently been
suggested to me that Audacity is not the most sensitive software to
use when speeding up sounds, and that ProTools is a much better
package.

Could anyone let me know if this really is the case / what ProTools
does when changing tempo that Audacity doesn't.

If anyone could help that would be great,

Best,
Hannah