Track trigger timing

Michiel Spape Michiel.Spape at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Jan 4 19:10:18 UTC 2011

Hiya,
What you're saying doesn't sound like anything E-Prime should omit. The only reason I can see your data is not being saved is that for some reason, these lines are skipped. There can be many reasons for this (say, a button-press causes a goto to fire), but what you would need to find out is whether you are actually logging anything. That is, just move the inline thingy forward/backwards along the procedure and see whether anything is logged. I'd also recommend shortening the line to
c.SetAttrib "PulseOnset", clock.read
so that you don't even have to declare any variable.

One question though: is _nothing_ being saved, or is PulseOnset found somewhere in your edat file, but with nothing in there? If the former, then the line is presumably skipped (as i had assumed based on what you write). If the latter, then a number of other things may be going on (e.g. it's saved under a sub-trial level thus easily overlooked).

One final thought: I'd first get everything running, THEN start thinking about adding TMS triggers and whatnot. It's far easier to add advanced bits to the working basics than vice versa. Can you, for instance, get a Stroop experiment (or any of the tutorial experiments) running with a c.SetAttrib "MyExtraLoggedData", clock.read added?
cheers,
Mich