SRBox Port Number configured at runtime?

DGirard doug.girard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 20:10:59 UTC 2011

Thanks for your response, David. On one machine, the COM port number
won't change once I plug in the USB SRBox and it gets assigned a port
number. HOWEVER, from machine to machine, the COM ports assigned may
be different. That is a problem for us. We would like to be able to
develop and generate one script file and distribute it around to
different machines that have only the runtime version of E-Prime on
them (no developer components). Currently, when our application is
"compiled" the COM port number basically gets hard-coded into the
code, so we would have to generate 4 different versions of the code
for all possible COM port assignments. This seems a bit ridiculous.

To answer a few of your other questions: We are using E-Prime 2.0. And
someone from the IT department installs the runtime components of E-
Prime on our machines as an Administrator, but afterward we are only
ever running as a User (not an admin).

Thanks again,
- Doug