Substitute one out of 100 images on a slide

Tobias tobias.fw at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 15:02:13 UTC 2011

Hey there,

as you might have read in other posts, I try to save computing time
for a current experiment in which 100 bitmaps are loaded for one
slide.

As two slides are exactly identical apart from one single stimulus
among these 100, I thought maybe it is possible to replace one of the
100 stimuli with another one. Thus I could save time but not loading
the other 99 images again.

This is the way I define the images for one the slides:

for i = 1 to 101
'matrix positions
		Set Mask_SlideImage = New SlideImage
		Mask_SlideImage.Name = "Image" & i
		InitSlideImageDefaults Mask_SlideImage
		Mask_SlideImage.X = "104 " + ((i-1) mod 10)*48
		Mask_SlideImage.Y = "24" + ((i-1) \ 10)*48
		Mask_SlideImage.Width = "40"
		Mask_SlideImage.Height = "40"
		Mask.States.Item("Default").Objects.Add Mask_SlideImage, "Image" & i

Select Case Mask.ActiveState
Case "Default"

			Set Mask_SlideImage =
CSlideImage(Mask.States.Item("Default").Objects(i))
			Mask_SlideImage.Filename = "mask.bmp"
			if i = 1 then Mask_SlideImage.Filename = "fixation.bmp"
			Mask_SlideImage.Load
			Set Mask_SlideImage = Nothing

end select
next i

My idea is that one of the 100 images will be redefined concerning the
Filename. I would just have to re-load the SlideImage with a certain
number "i" (that refers to a position in the matrix).

The problem is: I don't know how to tell the computer WHICH of the
images should get a new filename. The command
"Mask_SlideImage.Filename = "mask.bmp"" does not refer to a number
defining which image of the slide is meant...

I hope you have some more clue than me! :)

Best,
Tobias