Making movie clips for E-Prime?

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Mon Jul 25 18:52:02 UTC 2011

Just passing on some further information that I have gleaned from
other discussions:

1) MPEG-1 seems to be sort of a "lowest common denominator" [FN1]
codec, and so might serve as the "safest" codec if we merely want to
get a movie to work in E-Prime at all.  But other codecs may provide
higher performance.

2) For higher performance, we may find the best results with an .avi
file that uses DIVX video and MP3 for the audio.  As for codec
libraries,  both the true DIVX brand and ffdshow for divx should work fine.

Sorry I do not have finer details on this, I am not really versed in
video/audio codec lore.  Much appreciated if someone could fill in
the details, or provide a link to a suitable discussion elsewhere.

[FN1] Should read, "greatest common divisor", see Wikipedia.