debounce time

Tobias tobias.fw at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 10:36:34 UTC 2011

Dear E-Prime community,

I have just received a nice self-made buttonbox with three buttons
that can be attached to a parallel port. THus I have very good timing
of RTs for my experiments now :)

However, there seems to be a problem with the bouncing of the keys.
Single key presses cause several signals in a row. That is, if I have
two consecutive slides with a duration of "-1", one key press is
enough to terminate both slides.

A collegue of mine said that in the experimental software
'Presentation', a debounce time can be specified so that such double

Is there any way of doing so in E-Prime?

Best,
Tobias