debounce time

Michiel Spape Michiel.Spape at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Jul 14 11:12:03 UTC 2011

Hi,
I think that rather depends on your button box, how it is connected, and so forth. That is, if it were connected as a keyboard, you could change settings (or at least, one used to be able) in the BIOS. It's basically the same if you press a spacebar long enough: you can see a short pause before it starts giving more and more spacebars (until the annoying "sticky keys" window pops up! Arg!). This is what you might call the "debounce" time.
Anyway, one way would be to dump a little slide in between your two slides, which has as an allowable key the unpress (-) version of the same thing you have in the first slide. Thus, this slide would be terminated upon unpressing same key - which should do the trick unless your button box sends 1010101 instead of 111111 (i.e. no voltage change).
Just a thought, but perhaps it helps.
Best,
Mich

Michiel Spapé