two screens, two refresh rates: timing?

Peter Quain pquain at une.edu.au
Thu Jul 14 15:12:22 UTC 2011

can you get a signal on both monitors? I thought that in clone mode,
the same video frames in the video memory are output to two displays,
hence the resolutions and refresh rate must the same. Perhaps you can
use two displays of different resolutions/refresh rates in "extended"
desktop mode?? But this has nothing to do with e-prime, display
constraints are determined by the graphics card / drivers, I think.
Or have you got a special graphics card with driver settings for two
seperately configured displays? I don't know how e-prime would respond to this?

Otherwise, if you are in clone mode and  getting a signal on both
monitors than my guess is that the graphics drivers are throttling
the refresh and resolution of both monitors  to the lowest values
across the monitors. Just my guess.