Multiple choice quiz graying out incorrect answers until correct chosen

David Nicholson david.averill.nicholson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 15:50:06 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm creating an experiment where the participant first chooses a
difficulty level and is directed to one of three tests.  I already
have this part created and working correctly.  It is not the most
nicely structured program as the best way I found to accomplish this
is to use unreferenced e-objects, but it works.  That is not my
current problem or what I am focusing on at the moment.  But I'm open
to suggestions if a better method is known.

What i'm currently trying to do is create a slide with a question and
four multiple choice answers.  The subject will choose an answer until
the correct answer is chosen.  I will be using a ranking system of
points to score them.  (4pts for first try, 3 for second, etc.)  I
will also require a certain percentage correct or it will kick them
out and have to restart, or just jump back to the start.

What I cannot figure out is how to keep the same question and answers
displayed and gray out the incorrect answer(s).  Then move forward to
the next question when the correct answer is picked.  I've been
thinking of a few ideas but I am still unsure what the best way to
structure and write this.

Thanks in advance for all your help!
David Nicholson