How to fade from slide1 to slide2 (inline?)

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Jul 28 18:17:58 UTC 2011

Erika,

At 7/28/2011 01:55 PM Thursday, you wrote:
>I have changed all the code to use
>Slide1.InputMasks(1).Responses.Count, but I am getting the following
>error when I run it.
>
>Operator type mismatch
>For line: Do Until Slide1.InputMasks(1).Responses(nResps) = "{SPACE}"

Um, Slide1.InputMasks(1).Responses gets you to the
ResponseDataCollection object associated with Slide1.InputMasks(1),
and Slide1.InputMasks(1).Responses(nResps) only gets you to a
particular ResponseData object, not any of its component
properties.  You have to drill down a little further to specific
ResponseData properties, e.g.,

         Do Until Slide1.InputMasks(1).Responses(nResps).RESP = "{SPACE}"

Please, please read through all the relevant topics in the E-Basic
Help facility.  This would also all become clear if you would take a
course on VBA, or give yourself some training using a book like "VBA
for Dummies".  It is a huge mistake to try to get an intricate
program to work without understanding *how* it works -- even if it
*appears* to work to you, chances are it does not really do what you
think it does, and you will unwittingly publish invalid results.