Need help setting up image-selection task

Suli l.bugayong at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 07:04:58 UTC 2011

Dear Google-Group members,

We are a group of European linguists trying out our luck with E-Prime
for our current research project. Being complete E-Prime novices and
given the time pressure we are under, we'd need some help in
developing our experiment:

The respondents will be asked to pick one out of four images in a
given slide. Preferably, this should be “click-and-drag”-able onto one
of the other three images or onto a specific field within the slide.
If this is not possible, it would suffice to highlight the selected
image and then, in the next slide, select the target image.

What would be really neat is if all the while we could also record the
cursor movements.

I have been on the PST-support site and have fiddled around with
various samples (Click-and-Drag/Track-Cursor-Coordinates/...). As I'm
E-Prime illiterate and can't decipher the inline scripts (and all the
other magic), however, it's impossible for me to make out how to
combine these different components and create just one experiment. Is
there anyone who can offer some insights or a quick fix?

Thanks a lot!

Suli