Pre-loading images and nested lists

Evelina Tapia evelina at illinois.edu
Mon Jun 27 18:13:48 UTC 2011

Hello,

I found InLine script for preloading images without using Canvas
scripting (written by Brandon Cernicky -- thank you! and available on
http://godzilla.kennedykrieger.org/sw/eprime/samples/) but I am having
trouble implementing the InLine with nested lists.

So, I have a List of 40 trials within which I have a couple nested
lists that contain about 100 images each. I want to randomly pull
images from those lists during the trial procedure. The InLine for
preloading is placed right at the beginning of the procedure but when
it should read the image file names, it reads direction to the nested
list (e.g. Target column says [BeachImage])and crashes. How could this
be solved?

The relevant part of the InLine reads as follows:

'Variable used to store filenames
Dim strTargetFile as String

'Retrieve the filename from the Context
strTargetFile = c.GetAttrib("BeachImage")     'this is column name in
one of the nested lists

'Call the helper routine to load the image
'into the SlideImage component

LoadSlideImageFile Targetzero.States(Targetzero.ActiveState),
"theTarget", strTargetFile

THANK YOU!!!!

Evelina