Can't get AddObservation to work, or plague of the Type Mismatch

Micah ucfmicah at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 13:34:05 UTC 2011

Hello,

This is probably a very easy to solve problem, but it's just about
beaten me down. I am trying to make a training script for my error-
awareness paradigm that can log inhibition and error-awareness
performance and then report these to the subject at the end of the
trial. The task is very simple and works fine, as does the performance
logging. I can't seem to get my summation object to work though-
everytime it gives me a 'type mismatch'. I've tried creating a
variable from the logging vars in a double format but that does not
fix it. Can someone take a look at my code and see what's up?

I start with the following setup inline and usertab code:
'setup inline
set stopaccuracy = New Summation
set erroraware = New Summation

'usertab
dim killme as integer
dim stopaccuracy as Summation
dim erroraware as Summation
dim ogperf as double
dim ogaware as double

My inline that logs awareness and performance, and (is supposed to)
fill the summation object with these information for reporting to the
subject, looks like this:

If c.GetAttrib("trialtype") = "lure" then
	if TextDisplay1.RT = 0 then
		c.SetAttrib "ogperf", 1
	else
		c.SetAttrib "ogperf", 0
	end if
end if

if c.GetAttrib("awaretrial") = "1" and killme = 1 then
	if TextDisplay1.RESP = "2" then
		c.SetAttrib "ogaware", 0
	else
		c.SetAttrib "ogaware", 1
	end if
end if

if c.GetAttrib("ogperf") = "0" then
	killme = 1
else
	killme = 0
end if

stopaccuracy.AddObservation c.GetAttrib("ogperf")
errorawareness.AddObservation c.GetAttrib("ogaware")

Debug.Print stopaccuracy.Mean
Debug.Print erroraware.Mean

c.SetAttrib "stopaccuracy", Format((stopaccuracy.Mean),"Percent")
c.SetAttrib "errorawareness", Format((errorawareness.Mean),"Percent")

It's these lines that give me the type mismatch:
stopaccuracy.AddObservation c.GetAttrib("ogperf")
errorawareness.AddObservation c.GetAttrib("ogaware")

Link to script: http://bit.ly/hKCcmo

Best,
Micah