Repeat Trial

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 06:17:07 UTC 2011

Using more than one input mask is really an elegant solution that is
easy to implement. If you also would like to register the incorrect
some additional scripting. As an alternative you can also to the
following (copied from my post some days ago):

Another way to implement trial loops is to add an additional
‘level’ to your experiment by using an extra list object for the
repeating trials (i.e. place a new list object on the trial
procedure). This list will loop ‘forever’ by setting the ‘exit list’
parameter to high value. Then move all trial objects to the procedure
of this new list. Finally add a small inline script at the end of the
subtrial that will terminate the sublist when a specific condition is
met (i.e. if stim.ACC=1 then sublist.Terminate end if)

This sounds complicated, but is in fact very straightforward to do,
and also supports more complex constructs (like giving additional
instructions after one or more errors.)

Best
Paul