E-DataAid crashing

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Mon May 23 18:20:34 UTC 2011

At 5/23/2011 11:55 AM Monday, Michiel Spape wrote:
>As a side note, does anyone else think e-Prime should, in this
>i-Age, change the name? I'm personally of the opinion that Me-Prime
>sounds better (although perhaps a bit too late, as YouTube, MySpace
>and YouGov have all lost that glossiness... Gee-Prime and /i/-Prime
>will probably end up to be rather costly).

As I recall, the name "E-Prime" was meant to evoke
"Experiment-Prime", i.e., "Experiment'", somewhat in the fashion of
Isaac Newton's notation for derivatives; and so "E-Prime" was meant
to evoke a system that advances experiments to the next level.  But I
don't know where I read that, and I can't find a citation now.

I was never fond of this affectation (just like I was never fond of
PST calling experiment programs "paradigms", or calling VBA/E-Basic
source code "script", etc.).  But I understand the name, and in that
sense I suppose E-Prime makes more sense than <any other letter>-Prime.

Just my US$.02,