Exporting Eprime to an Eprime Naive Computer

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu May 26 16:21:50 UTC 2011

Good question, and a feature that many of us would like to have in
E-Prime.  But E-Prime is not like "other standard engineering
software packages" -- to be sure, E-Prime is not even an
"engineering" package meant for serious programmers, it is a
"psychology" package meant primarily for casual use by amateurs
(although it has enough features so that serious programmers can
still make use of it).  So, AFAIK E-Prime, *by design*, has no
facility to allow distribution of run-time code to run without
installing E-Prime.  In fact, just think about the license terms --
you are allowed to install E-Prime to run experiments on up to some
number (25?) of machines *within your lab*.  How could they enforce
those terms if you could export EP code to run willy-nilly on any old
machine?  (Mind you, I am not defending the terms of the license,
only reflecting on what those terms imply with regard to your question.)

But please, do not take my word for this.  You really should take
this up directly with PST -- try Web Support at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp .  And then
please post back here with the result.