Blank SoundIn recordings & Problem with Win7 and SR-Box

Susanne sanne.scharf at googlemail.com
Sat May 28 18:30:09 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've got two problems that I need help with:

In my experiment I'd like students to name pictures. I want to get the
RT and record their responses.
I work with a SR Box from PST (Model 200a) with a dynamic microphone.
I get the RT of each picture but the problem is that even though e-
prime creates soundfiles their is no sound played (they are blank). I
tested if the loudspeakers are the problem, but normally the sound
works perfectly.

I also tested a simple headphone which in plugged into the normal
microphone slot in my computer. Now e-prime creates soundfiles with
sound, but the RT is not collected. (Even when changing the
sensitivity).

Still I'd like to use the SR-Box with mic to collect the data.
Does anybody now why there is no sound in the soundfiles created with
e-prime and the SR-box?

Another problem is that I also want to use the SR-Box with my laptop.
Thus I bought a Serial-USB converter. The problem is that my laptop is
equipped witg Windows7 64bit Version. When I want to install the
normal SR-Box driver an error occurs:

The installation FAILED with the follwing information:
Error: -3
Extended: -536870347

I changed the settings in e-prime and the converter so that they use
the same "COM1"-settings. Thus I think the problem is Win7. I now that
some people use e-prime with Win7. How do they do it? Is there a new
driver that works with Win7?

Thanks for your help,
Best wishes from Germany
Susanne