e prime crashes if subject presses response button twice

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Nov 8 16:29:57 UTC 2011

Jasmina,

Ben and Hester are both steering you down the
right track.  Based on your error message, the
error does not come from the response to your
stimulus object, it comes from whatever object
later tries to load an image file using that file
name.  So you have to start at that object and
work backwards -- clearly, the file name that it
tries to load is not what you think it is,
despite all your testing.  I would try adding a
bit of inline code with a MsgBox or Debug.Print
that echoes the file name right before the point
where the program crashes (E-Studio will show you
that in the full Script window), then crash the
program with the multiple key presses and see
what file name E-Prime tried to use when it
crashed.  Might turn out that the file name used
depends in some way on the subject responses, which would explain everything.

And of course, as I keep reminding folks, you
could also take this up with PST's trained staff
at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp
-- they strive to respond to all requests in
24-48 hours, and this is pretty much their
substitute for proper documentation, so make full
use of it.  And if you do get an answer from PST
Web Support, please extend the courtesy of
posting their reply back here for the sake of others.